Friday, June 24, 2011

Flannel Friday - Picking Up the Fruit

Flannel Friday is here again! Today's entry is "Picking Up the Fruit" and is more of a folder game than a flannel board, although it could easily be turned into one. The idea came from Dr. Jim of Itsy Bitsy Babies.

The fruits and basket are from clip art images I gathered from various parts of the web. I laminated them first so that they'd withstand little hands a bit longer. The basket was also laminated, glued to brown construction paper, and stapled to a manila file folder. If you'd like a copy, leave a comment and I can email you the files.


 "Picking Up the Fruits"
Sung to: The Paw Paw Patch
Picking up the apples and puttin’ ‘em in the basket
Picking up the apples and puttin’ ‘em in the basket
Picking up the apples and puttin’ ‘em in the basket
Way down yonder in the apple field.

Repeat with banana, strawberry, orange, and lemon

Before singing the song, hand each child a fruit. Invite the children to place their fruit in the basket when they hear their fruit's name called.

And that's all for this week, folks. Check the roundup on sotomorrow's blog for even more great flannel board ideas. Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. This is exactly what I need - something simple, yet fun. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, ladies! I can't wait to try it out next Friday. The kids always love coming to the front of the room, so I'm sure it will be a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interactive idea! I think I'll give this song and activity a whirl with an actual basket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I've been looking for more easy things I can make to hand out and let the kids manipulate. Definitely doing this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Just discovered this and would love to try it out with my ESL students. If you are able to send the files that would be amazing. Thank you for such a great blog. Loving your creative ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will do, but I won't be at work until Wednesday. Just send an email to molliereadsya at gmail dot com.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I check out a whole lot of blog articles, but I never heard a subject like this. I Love this subject you made about the blog writer's container checklist I am sharing a very genuine post to read where you can get to know about Text-to-Speech Plugins for WordPress. Please refer article text to speech converter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really helpful post and very informative there is no doubt about it. I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work! Wonderful article. Inspiring from your previous post i have also written a well informational article base on the Creators of Color. I would like to share this article RBX codes with you. Thanks you for your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really helpful post and very informative there is no doubt about it. I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work! Wonderful article. Inspiring from your previous post I have also written a well informational article base on Test your typing skills. I would like to share this article typing speed with you. Thanks you for your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did really good work. I really appreciate your new and different post. Please guys keep it up I have also written the well article Right click shortcuts. Read the article and comment your view.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this post is very informative and helpful. I have to add this to my collection. You did a great job! Very good story. Based on your previous post How to play Dota 2 Game Like a pro, I also wrote an in-depth article. You may be interested in reading this article Guide To Dota 2 Game. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete