Friday, May 10, 2013

Flannel Friday - Money Money Money

TGIFF!

The week before taxes were due, we had a preschool storytime about money. We talked about the different values of money, what we use money for (one preschooler suggested "stuff"), and how we can get money.

"Three Little Dollars" was originally "Three Little Nickels" from CanTeach. I changed the lyrics for my purposes, but you can find the original lyrics by visiting the link included after the song. The pictures of money came from Wikimedia Commons. The cookies, crayons, and piggy bank all came from morgueFile. The pictures were laminated and used on the magnetic board.


Three Little Dollars
Three little dollars in a wallet new,
I bought a box of crayons,
And then there were two.
Two little dollars, and before the day was done,
I bought some cookies,
And then there was one.
One little dollar, I heard it plainly say,
“I’m going into the piggy bank for a rainy day!”

Amanda is hosting the roundup this week. Don't forget to visit our Facebook page, our Pinterest page, and the Flannel Friday blog.

2 comments:

  1. This is great! Good lesson, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the theme $ and the rhyme is adorable! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete