Thursday, February 16, 2012

Storytime - Valentine's Day

Books
Big Hugs, Little Hugs by Felicia Bond
Toddler








 
Sweet Hearts by Jan Carr
Toddler








Be Mine, Be Mine, Sweet Valentine by Sarah Weeks
Preschool

Before reading this book, I explained what a rhyme was asked the preschoolers to listen for the rhymes. The poems leave out the last word and hide the answer behind a flap. The preschoolers were able to guess what word came next based on the context and a few hints from me.

The Runaway Valentine by Tina Casey
Preschool

This is a looooong story. My preschoolers sat through it, though. I was very proud!



Songs
If You Love Me and You Know It
Sung to: "If You’re Happy and You Know It"
If you love me and you know it, Clap your hands.
If you love me and you know it, Clap your hands.
If you love me and you know it,
Then your face will surely show it.
If you love me and you know it, Clap your hands.
Other Verses:
Say "I Love you"
Blow me a kiss
Give me a hug

Will You Be My Valentine
Sung to: “London Bridge”
Will you be my valentine, Valentine, Valentine?
Will you be my Valentine, be a friend of mine?

Activities
Who Has a Red Heart? Game
Sung to: Mary Wore a Red Dress
Who has a red heart, red heart, red heart?
Who has a red heart?
Bring it to me now.
Use different color hearts.

--Miss Mollie


Crafts
We made our own valentine's out of die cut hearts. I found the die cut for a pop-up heart card at my school district's resource center.


No comments:

Post a Comment