Friday, February 24, 2012

Flannel Friday - I Went to the Pet Store

It's finally Flannel Friday! This week's flannel board was inspired by the poem, "I Went to the Pet Store" from Storytime Magic by Kathy MaMillan and Christine Kirker (Chicago: American Library Association, 2009).

I used Microsoft Word and typed out the rhyming words in each stanza. I also included a picture of the animal and the suffix of the rhyme.



First we discussed what a rhyme was, then, as I said the rhymes, I invited the children to guess which animal I was talking about. When they guess correctly, I emphasized the rhyming words (cat/that, etc), and repeated the stanza.




They had a great time correcting me when I tried to tell them the wrong answer. The only rhyme they had trouble with was rabbit.

If anyone would like the file I used for this felt board, please email me at molliereadsya at gmail dot com.

Meghan from Busy Crafting Mommy is hosting the roundup today. Flannel Friday can also be found on Pinterest and Facebook.

See everyone next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment