Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Wee Read - Father's Day

Early Literacy Tip: Name objects, feelings, or events as they happen to your baby.

Books
I Love My Daddy by Giles Andreae










Daddy Cuddles by Anne Gutman










Who Uses a Hammer? by Nancy Davis
Read-Together Book





Songs/Rhymes
*Before singing our songs, I showed everyone how to do the ASL signs for Daddy and Grandpa.

Bend and Stretch
--from Babies in the Library by Jane Marino. Lanham, MD: The Scarecrow Press, 2003.

Acka Backa
-- from Lapsit Services for the Very Young II by Linda L. Ernst. New York: Neal-Schuman Publishers, Inc, 2001.



I Love Daddy
--from Toddler Storytime Programs by Diane Briggs. Lanham, MD: Scarecrow Press, 1993.

Daddy’s Ties

Sung to: Mary Wore a Red Dress

Felt Board

Daddy wore his purple tie,

purple tie, purple tie.

Daddy wore his purple tie

All day long.

Continue with blue, green, yellow, and red.


Clap Hands, Clap Hands
--from Babies in the Library by Jane Marino. Lanham, MD: The Scarecrow Press, 2003.



Blue Bird, Blue Bird
Blue bird, blue bird,
On my window.
Blue bird, blue bird,
On my window. 
Blue bird, blue bird,
On my window. 
Oh, Daddy I'm tired.
*Substitute Grandpa, Grandma, or Mommy for Daddy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment