Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Daddy and Me Storytime - Sweet Dreams!

Yawn! So sleepy! This storytime was used for my special Daddy and Me Storytime. Children ages 0 to 5 brought a special family member with them: their dads! Our group was mostly made up of 1 to 2 year olds, but we had a couple of older children, too. This program was a success, and hopefully I'll get a chance to do it again. The dads were very eager to find out what their children do during storytime.

Books
Don't Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late! by Mo Willems








Race You to Bed by Bob Shea







Special Songs/Rhymes
"Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed"
Five little monkeys jumping on the bed.
One fell off and bumped his head!
Mama called the doctor and the doctor said,
"No more monkeys jumping on the bed!"
-- Traditional



"Pajamas"
Oh I'll wear my red pajamas when it's hot,
When it's hot!
Oh I'll wear my red pajamas when it's not,
When it's not!
And sometimes in the springtime,
And sometimes in the fall,
I'll hop into my bed with none at all!
-- Tracey at 1234 More Storytimes




Craft
Light Switch Covers
I cut rectangles out of foam sheets and put a light switch sized hole in each. The children glued foam shapes to them. Voila! Now turning out the lights can be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment