Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Wee Read - At the Farm

Early Literacy Tip: Sing the same song or recite the same rhyme multiple times.

Books

Songs/Rhymes
Head and Shoulders
Head and shoulders, knees and toes,
Knees and toes
Head and shoulders, knees and toes,
Knees and toes
Eyes and ears and mouth and nose
Head and shoulders, knees and toes
Knees and toes!
-- Traditional

I Went to the Farm One Day - With Puppets
-- Mother Goose on the Loose by Betsy Diamant-Cohen. New York: Neal-Schuman Publishers, Inc., 2006.

Trot, Trot to Dover
-- Mother Goose on the Loose by Betsy Diamant-Cohen. New York: Neal-Schuman Publishers, Inc., 2006.

Old MacDonald Had a Farm - With Puppets
Old MacDonald Had a Farm
E-I-E-I-O
And on his farm he had a cow
E-I-E-I-O
With a moo-moo here
And a moo-moo there
Here a moo, there a moo
Everywhere a moo-moo
Old MacDonald had a farm
E-I-E-I-O
(repeat using pig, chicken, and horse)
--Traditional

Five little piggies rolling in the mud.
Squishy, squashy, felt so good!
Then along came the farmer,
who took one for a bath.
Continue to one little piggy



Rooster Crows
--from Babies in the Library by Jane Marino. Lanham, MD: The Scarecrow Press, 2003.

No comments:

Post a Comment