Friday, December 18, 2015

Flannel Friday - A Felt Advent Calendar

Can you believe that this is the last Flannel Friday of the year?! Neither can I!

This project is something that I made for my daughter, actually. It's not perfect, but it's been fun planning it out. She's a very active toddler, so I gave her a Christmas tree of her own to play with. 

I bought a large sheet of green felt and used 3M strips to tape it on her door. I used washi tape for the outline of the tree and base (though I did have to go back and glue the washi tape down because it wasn't sticky enough to stay on the tree). The ornaments are shapes I traced from her shape sorter set and the numbers are glitter glue. I've been giving her one ornament a day. Though they're not pictured on the tree, the last five days will be yellow stars. And as you can see she has already lost poor day ten, a green triangle to match days eight and nine, which all together make a Christmas tree of their own.


Mary from Miss Mary Liberry is hosting the roundup this week.

***Remember: you can also find Flannel Friday on Facebook, Pinterest, and at our Flannel Friday Blog. If you're new to Flannel Friday, don't forget to add your name and location to our Where Is Flannel Friday map.***

Happy Holidays, Everyone! See you all again in the new year!

1 comment:

  1. used 3M strips to tape it on her door. I used washi tape for the outline of the tree and base (though I did have to go back and glue the washi tape down because it wasn't sticky enough to stay on the tree). The ornaments are shapes I traced from her shape sorter set and the numbers are love language quiz glitter glue. I've been giving her one ornament a day. Though they're not pictured on the tree, the last five days will be yellow stars. And as you can see she has

    ReplyDelete