Friday, November 4, 2011

Flannel Friday - Five Little Fishies Swimming in the Sea

Happy Fishy Flannel Friday! I did this song with both of my groups this morning and they absolutely loved it.


"Five Little Fishies Swimming in the Sea"
Five little fishies swimming in the sea,
Teasing Mr. Shark,
"You can't catch me!"
When along comes Mr. Shark
Aaaaaaannnnnndddddd SNAP!

Continue until there are no fishies left. I like to pretend that the fishies were scared away instead of being eaten. At the end I make up a story about the shark feeling all alone and asking the fish to come back. I'm such a sap. 

Head on over to the roundup hosted by Anne to see what other Flannel Friday participants have submitted this week. Anne also has a very special holiday announcement. See all of the pictures of this week and weeks past on Pinterest, and join in the conversation on our Facebook page.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I love the lonely shark angle! Hey - we can't expect kids to be nice if they don't have role models all around them. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One time in storytime, I pretended that the monkeys got scared away from Mr. Crocodile when one the kids interrupted to tell me I was doing it wrong and the monkeys got "eated-ed-ed." The other kids gleefully chimed in that I was wrong.

    That's what I get for being a sap!

    This is a great twist on a classic -- I might try to make finger puppets of these for our summer session!

    ReplyDelete