Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Storytime - Pizza's Here!

Books
Pizza at Sally's by Monica Wellington
Toddler







 
"Hi, Pizza Man!" by Virginia Walter
Toddler and Preschool





Pete's a Pizza by William Steig
Preschool











Songs
Do You Know the Pizza Man
Oh do you know the Pizza man
The pizza man, the pizza man?
Do you know the pizza man
Who makes it fresh and hot? OR
Who adds the yummy cheese?
Change cheese to another pizza topping. I printed out pictures of the toppings, laminated them, and glued Velcro strips to their backs. The children were invited to shout out the name of the topping when I showed them the pictures.

P-I-Z-Z-A
Sung to: B-I-N-G-O
There is a dinner that I like, and it is very yummy.
P-I-Z-Z-A, P-I-Z-Z-A, P-I-Z-Z-A!
And pizza is its name-o!




Craft
I cut out pizza slices and toppings using a pizza-shaped Accucut die. The children glued their toppings onto their pizza. Yummy!



No comments:

Post a Comment