Monday, June 11, 2012

Storytime - Mom's the Best

I know it's a bit late, but I wanted to share what we did for our Mother's Day storytime this year.

Books
Does a Kangaroo Have a Mother Too? by Eric Carle 
Toddler







Mama Cat Has Three Kittens by Denise Fleming
Toddler









Llama Llama Misses Mama by Anna Dewdney
Preschool






My Mother is So Smart! by Tomie dePaola
Preschool






Songs/Rhymes
Mommy Takes Good Care of Me
Sung to: "Mary Had a Little Lamb"
Mommy takes good care of me,
Care of me, care of me,
Mommy takes good care of me,
Because she loves me so.
*I played this song on my keyboard while the children sang along.

M-O-M-M-Y
Sung to: "Bingo"
I have a very special friend
And Mommy is her name-o.
M-O-M-M-Y, M-O-M-M-Y, M-O-M-M-Y,
And Mommy is her name-o!
--PreschoolEducation



Craft
I ordered this project from Oriental Trading. Sadly, it looks like they no longer carry it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment