Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Storytime - Halloween (2013)

Toddler

Songs / Rhymes: “Good Morning”, “Hello, How Are You?”, “I Saw a Ghost”, “The Haunted House” with finger puppets, “Open, Shut Them”, “Five Little Bats” on the felt board, “I Wiggle My Fingers”, and “The More We Get Together”.

Special Activity: We went on a costume parade through the library. At the circulation desk, we sang "I Saw a Ghost" to the staff and patrons.


Craft: Mummies. Materials: toilet paper, black construction paper with a mummy outline, crayons, glue, and tape. The toddlers ripped pieces of the toilet paper (work those writing muscles!) and glued them to their mummy outlines.






Preschool
Books: Skeleton Hiccups by Margery Cuyler

Songs / Rhymes: “Welcome to the Library”, “Hello, How Are You?”, “Hi There, So Glad You Came”, “I Saw a Ghost”, “Open, Shut Them”, “Going to a Haunted House” on the felt board, and “The More We Get Together”.

Special Activity: Costume parade.




Craft: Ghosties. Materials: Kleenex, cotton balls, orange yarn, tape, scissors, and glue. The preschoolers placed their cotton balls in the center of their tissues. They gathered up the tissue around the cotton balls and tied the yarn around to make spooky ghosts.







Songs/Rhymes

I Saw a Ghost
I saw a ghost
He saw me too
I waved at him
But he said, “Boo!”

The Haunted House (with finger puppets)
Sung to: "The Wheels On The Bus"
The ghost in the house goes "Boo! Boo! Boo!"
"Boo! Boo! Boo! Boo! Boo! Boo!"
The ghost in the house goes "Boo! Boo! Boo!"
On Halloween.
The bat goes eeek,
The cat goes meow,
The skeleton goes creak,
The pumpkin goes Trick or Treat.

Going to a Haunted House
Sung to: “Old MacDonald.”
Going to a haunted house, E-I-E-I-O
And in that house there is a ________, E-I-E-I-O
1. Ghost – “Boo”
2. Witch – “Cackle”
3. Bat – “Squeak”
4. Monster – “Grrr”
5. Cat – “Meow”
6. Skeleton – “Creak”

Five Little Bats
Sung to: "Five Little Ducks"
Five little bats went on a flight
by the light of the moon one night
Mama bat said squeak squeak squeak swack!
but only 4 little bats came back.
Repeat for 4,3,2,1

No comments:

Post a Comment