Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Wee Read - Halloween (2013)

Early Literacy Tip of the Week:
Look for small books to fit small hands,
books with simple rhymes, and lift the flap books when choosing books for your baby.

Good Morning

Hello, How are You?

Little Bat
--Artsy Toddler Storytimes: A Year's Worth of Ready-To-Go Programming by Carol Garnett Hopkins. Chicago: Neal-Schuman, 2013.

Open Shut Them

Book One

Halloween is Here
Sung to: "Farmer in the Dell"
Oh, Halloween is here!
Oh, Halloween is here!
With
 costumes on we'll walk around
We'll knock on doors all over town,
When Halloween is here!

I Saw a Ghost
I saw a ghost
He saw me too
I waved at him
But he said, “Boo!”

The Haunted House (with finger puppets)
Sung to: "The Wheels On The Bus"
The ghost in the house goes "Boo! Boo! Boo!"
"Boo! Boo! Boo! Boo! Boo! Boo!"
The ghost in the house goes "Boo! Boo! Boo!"
On Halloween.
The bat goes eeek,
The cat goes meow,
The skeleton goes creak,
The witch goes he, he, he.

I Wiggle My Fingers

Book Two
Pumpkin Eye by Denise Fleming

Trick or Treating
Sung to: "Are You Sleeping?" 
Trick or treating, trick or treating.
BOO BOO BOO
BOO BOO BOO
Trick or treating, trick or treating.
I scare you, I scare you!

Halloween Hokey Pokey
Sing to: The Hokey Pokey
You put your hand bones in,
you take your hand bones out
You put your hand bones in, and you rattle them about.
You do the hookey-spooky and everybody shouts,
"That's what it's all about.  BOO!"
--based on a song from MCLS Kids

Read Together



The More We Get Together

No comments:

Post a Comment