Monday, October 28, 2013

Wee Read - Halloween (2012)

Early Literacy Tip of the Week: Speak slowly and enunciate - this helps train neurons in the brain in identifying specific sounds.

Good Morning

Hello, How are You?

Trick or Treating
Sung to: "Are You Sleeping?"
Trick or treating, trick or treating.
BOO BOO BOO
BOO BOO BOO
Trick or treating, trick or treating.
I scare you, I scare you!


Open Shut Them

Book One
I’m the Scariest Thing in the Castle by Kevin Sherry
*I told this one with my bat finger puppet. He just so happens to look exactly like the bat in the book!

I Saw a Ghost
I saw a ghost
He saw me too
I waved at him
But he said, “Boo!”

Pumpkin, Pumpkin!
Sung to: “Ten Little Indians”
Pumpkin, pumpkin, orange pumpkin
Pumpkin, pumpkin, orange pumpkin
Pumpkin, pumpkin, orange pumpkin
Hi Ho!  Halloween is here!
*There are more verses, but we only did the first.

I'm A Little Pumpkin
Sung to: "I'm A Little Teapot"
I'm a little pumpkin short and stout (squat down with hands on hips)
Here are my eyes and here is my mouth (point to eyes and mouth)
When it's Halloween and you are out, (point to audience)
Just lift my lid and hear me shout. (pretend to lift lid)
BOO! (jump up and shout boo)


Book Two










The Haunted House (finger puppets)
Sung to: "The Wheels On The Bus"
The ghost in the house goes "Boo! Boo! Boo!"
"Boo! Boo! Boo! Boo! Boo! Boo!"
The ghost in the house goes "Boo! Boo! Boo!"
On Halloween.The bat goes eeek,
The cat goes meow
The skeletons go creak

Halloween is Here
Sung to: "Farmer in the Dell"Oh, Halloween is here!
Oh, Halloween is here!
With costumes on we'll walk around
We'll knock on doors all over town,
When Halloween is here!


Read Together

The More We Get Together

No comments:

Post a Comment