Friday, July 8, 2011

Flannel Friday - Campfire Pokey

Happy Flannel Friday! I hope you have your gear ready, because we're going camping!


"Camping Pokey"
Sung to: "Hokey Pokey" 

You put your marshmallow in, 
You take your marshmallow out, 
You put your marshmallow in 
and you shake it all about, 
You do the campfire pokey, 
and you turn yourself around, 
And that's what it's all about, hey!

 

Substitute "marshmallow" with hot dog, apple, popcorn, and anything else that you can roast over the campfire.

 

End with: you put your whole dinner in, you put your whole dinner out.


Flannel Friday is hosted by Katie at storytime katie. Check her site later to see the roundup of all of today's post.

7 comments:

  1. Awww, super sweet -- I wish I was doing a camp storytime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! The Hokey Pokey: the song that keeps on giving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I'm doing a camping program next week and this will be an excellent addition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like this one a lot! It takes a great childhood song and melds it with a great childhood (and everyhood) tradition -- campfires!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kids absolutely love doing the "Hokey Pokey" (they dissolve into a giggle fit when I make them put their backsides in!), so I think they'll really love it when I sing this with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miss Mollie I LOVED this! I attempted to make my own and used it for storytime last week.
    Good ideas and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! Gonna make my own, but not as great as yours!

    ReplyDelete