Friday, April 22, 2011

Flannel Friday - Five Bottles of Juice on the Wall

Most members of our Flannel Friday group are posting a One World, Many Stories themed felt board, which is their summer reading theme. Since Texas has a different theme, Digging Up a Good Book, I thought I'd focus on that theme instead.

I used this board for Earth Day, but it could be used for a garbage/recycling truck theme, too.

After finding a lack of recycling and Earth Day themed felt boards, I was able to piece together one of my own. The song is from PreschoolEducation.com (I changed pop to juice) and the template for the bottle is from Felt Board Fingerplays by Liz and Dick Wilmes, Elgin, IL: Building Blocks, 1997. The recycling bin is a file folder. I stapled the sides together and used tacky glue to attach the blue felt to the front. I printed out a picture of the recycling symbol onto cardstock and cut out the arrows, then used what was left as a stencil.

Enjoy!


Five Bottles of Juice on the Wall
Sung to: 99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall
Five bottles of juice on the wall,
Five bottles of juice.
Put one in the recycling bin.
Four bottles of juice on the wall.
Continue until none are left.

3 comments:

  1. Pockets are so satisfying, aren't they? What a great idea for Earth Day storytimes! Thanks for participating in Flannel Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, pocket! That is such a great idea -- I've got to find a way to work a pocket flannel piece into something some day.

    I'm so sad I didn't do an Earth Day storytime this year; this flannel would have been perfect for that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kids had so much fun watching the pieces disappear. I'm going have have to use more pockets, too!

    ReplyDelete