Friday, April 15, 2011

Storytime - April Fools' Day!

It was a silly day at the library on April Fool's Day!

Books
Silly Sally by Audrey Wood
Toddler and Preschool
 








Such a Silly Baby by Steffanie Lorig
Toddler








Animals Should Definitely Not Wear Clothing by Judi BarrettPreschool (oh my goodness did these kids laugh!)






Special Song
"If You're Happy and You Know It"
I usually end the song with the verse:
If you're happy and you know it,
Sit on the floor! 

Felt Board
"Five Little Monkeys Swinging From the Tree"
Five little monkeys swinging from the tree.
Teasing Mr. Crocodile, "You can't catch me!"
When along comes Mr. Crocodile aaaaaaaaaand
SNAP!
Continue until there are no more monkeys left.I usually cheat at the end and bring them all back, but if you can stomach having the monkeys be in the crocodile's tummy, more power to you!

Craft
The toddlers made jester masks. I used our mask die cut with orange paper and gave them each a popsicle stick and some foam shapes to glue on.

The preschoolers made jester crowns. I cut out crown shapes (using our die cut) out of red paper and gave them jewels to glue on their crowns.


No comments:

Post a Comment