Saturday, May 4, 2013

Storytime - Halloween 2012


Toddler

Songs / Rhymes: “Good Morning”, “Hello, How Are You?”, “Open, Shut Them”, “If You’re a Monster and You Know It”, “The Monster Pokey”, “I Saw a Ghost”, “The Haunted House” with finger puppets, and “The More We Get Together”.

Craft: There was no craft today.

Special Activity: The toddlers came dressed in their Halloween costumes today. I taught them the words to “I Saw a Ghost”, then led the class on a costume parade around the library. The toddlers sang the song to the patrons and staff members and wished them a “Happy Halloween!”.

Preschool

Songs / Rhymes: “Welcome to the Library”, “Hello, How Are You?”, “Hi There, So Glad You Came”, “Open, Shut Them”, “There’s a Spider on the Floor” with spider puppet, “Going to a Haunted House” on the felt board, “I Wiggle My Fingers”, “I Saw a Ghost”, and “The More We Get Together”.

Craft: There was no craft today.

Special Activity: Halloween Parade. See above.

Songs
If You’re a Monster and You Know It
Sung to: "If You're Happy and You Know It"If you're a monster and you know it wave your arms.
If you're a monster and you know it wave your arms.
If you're a monster and you know then your arms will surely show it.
If you're a monster and you know it wave your arms.
Continue with:
...show your claws
...gnash your teeth
...stomp your feet
...growl out loud

Monster Pokey
Sung to: “The Hokey Pokey”
You put your claws in, you take your claws out
You put your claws in, and you shake them all about
You do the wild rumpus and you turn yourself around.
That’s what it’s all about
Use horns, tail, big feet, and hairy self.

I Saw a Ghost
I saw a ghost
He saw me too
I waved at him
But he said, “Boo!”

The Haunted House
Sung to: "The Wheels On The Bus"
The ghost in the house goes "Boo! Boo! Boo!"
"Boo! Boo! Boo! Boo! Boo! Boo!"
The ghost in the house goes "Boo! Boo! Boo!"
On Halloween.
The bat goes eeek,
The cat goes meow
The skeletons go creak

There’s a Spider on the Floor
There's a spider on the floor, on the floor.
There’s a spider on my leg, and he’s really really big… 
There’s a spider on my tummy, and he feels kind of funny…
There’s a spider on my head, oh, my face is really red…
But he jumps off!
There’s a spider on the floor…

Going to a Haunted House
Sung to: “Old MacDonald.”
Going to a haunted house, E-I-E-I-O
And in that house there is a ________, E-I-E-I-O
1. Ghost – “Boo”
2. Witch – “Cackle”
3. Bat – “Squeak”
4. Monster – “Grrr”
5. Cat – “Meow”
6. Skeleton – “Creak”

No comments:

Post a Comment