Thursday, May 16, 2013

Wee Read - Valentine's Day


Early Literacy Tip of the Week: Make sure you get plenty of face-to-face time! Babies prefer to focus on human faces over anything else.

Good Morning

Hello, How are You?

If You Love Me and You Know It
Sung to: "If You’re Happy and You Know It"
If you love me and you know it, clap your hands. x2
If you love me and you know it,
Then your face will surely show it.
If you love me and you know it, Clap your hands.
Other Verses:
Say "I Love you", Blow a kiss, Give a hug

Open Shut Them

Book One

Will You Be My Valentine
Sung to: "Do You Know the Muffin Man?”
Will you be my Valentine, my Valentine, my Valentine?
Will you be my Valentine, be a friend of mine?

Acka Backa
--from Lapsit Services for the Very Young II by Linda L. Ernst. New York: Neal-Schuman Publishers, Inc, 2001.

Little Red Valentine Game
Little Red Valentine, I love you.
Little Red Valentine, I love you.
Little Red Valentine, I love you.
Yellow one says, "I love you, too!"
Use green and blue.

I Wiggle My Fingers

Book Two

Roll Roll Sugarbabies
Roll, roll sugarbabies (arms roll)
Roll, roll sugarbabies.
Push, pull,
Clap, clap, clap!

Clap Hands, Clap Hands
Use signs for Daddy, Mommy, Grandpa, Grandma
--from Babies in the Library by Jane Marino. Lanham, MD: The Scarecrow Press, 2003.

Read Together

The More We Get Together

No comments:

Post a Comment