Thursday, May 9, 2013

Wee Read - Shake It Up


Early Literacy Tip of the Week: A few things to look for when choosing a book for your baby: bold, clear pictures of familiar items in baby's world; rhythm and repetition; very few words or repeating words (books little ones can learn by heart).

Good Morning

Hello, How are You?

My Hands Upon My Head
My hands upon my head I place,
On my shoulders on my face,
On my knees, and at my side.
Then behind me they will slide,
Then I raise them up so high
Till they nearly reach the sky
Now I clap them -- one, two, three.
Then I fold them silently.

Open Shut Them

Book One

Shake Your Eggs
use shaker eggs
Shake your eggs and shake them high.
Shake your eggs and shake them low.
Shake your eggs and shake them high.
Shake your eggs around you go.

Shake Your Egg With Me
Sung to: “London Bridge”
use shaker eggs
Can you shake your egg with me,
Shake your egg along with me
It’s as easy as can be
Now put it on your knee!
Repeat with head, tummy, etc.

An Egg is On My Nose 
Sung to: “The Farmer in the Dell”
Use egg shakers
An egg is on my nose,
an egg is on my nose,
Heigh-ho, the derry-o,
an egg is on my nose.
(Repeat using other body parts)

I Wiggle My Fingers

Book Two

Little Cheek
Little cheek, little chin,
This is where the food comes in.
Little eyes, little nose,
Now I’ll kiss your little toes.

Head and Shoulders, Baby
Head and shoulders baby, 123
Head and shoulders baby, 123
Head and shoulders, head and shoulders,
Head and shoulders baby, 123
Repeat with: Knees and ankles, tummy and back, shake 'em all.

Read Together

The More We Get Together

No comments:

Post a Comment